We are heading into winter and being the positive Polly that I am, I try to find the excitement and good in everything. When it comes to my fashion the biggest thing on my brain is colour this year. I am hunting for all the colours, I want a different coloured sweater for each day of the week. Come February I get sick of the same old, brown, grey black routine, this year I am switching it up and I am not afraid if everything doesn’t match. Here are my November style tips.
1. Keep your wardrobe exciting by introducing colours you don’t already have. Right now I am keeping a mental check list of what colour sweaters I own, if I see a new colour, I can try that sweater on.
2. Add interest with patterns. Patterns are so fun and I no longer restrict myself to pairing them with solids. If the patterns have similar colour schemes and different scales, go ahead and wear them together for an outfit that will make you and everyone around you happy.
3. Wear a belt. If you already do this everyday well done, why did it take me so long. Even with high waist jeans, sometimes they still don’t stay in place. A belt keeps everything tidy, tucked in and where it should be all day. I recently purchased a black and brown belt, basics that will work with almost any looks.
4. What don’t you have? Don’t keep buying the same cardigan over and over again, you don’t need that many of the same item and you won’t be able to dress for different occasions with the same styles. If your shopping for sweaters try to think about buying some casual, one fancy and one in the middle.
5. Boots! We need boots in Ontario. I like to have a black and brown casual warm boot to wear everyday, something functional but attractive. I also like to have a fancy boot in either black or brown or both. This year I went for an over the knee boot with a heel, it will keep my legs covered if I wear a dress out and dress up jeans and a pretty top.
I want to know what your shopping/style strategies are this November. What are you hunting for? Comment below.
The outfit featured in this post was shopped at Lambton Mall.
Sweater American Eagle